The Plank is a very versatile WTD that can be fished the following ways:
- With rod tip down, a series of rhythmic tugs will get this bait to walk the dog. To increase the side to side glide distance, use a firm piece of monofilament or fluorocarbon as a leader and feed it some slack between tugs.
- With your rod tip up, wiggle the tip front to back in a quick front to back motion will cause the head of the bait to slap the top of the water as it walks left to right similar to a pencil popper.
- A quick short side jerk will get the bait to launch its face half out of the water, so it breaches, similar to a whale falling with a slap on the surface of the water.
The more you use this bait and play with the reel cadence and tip motion, the more this bait will do. It is an excellent choice for beginners and experts alike, as it grows with your ability.
- The Plank is injection molded in a proprietary ABS plastic, making it as strong and resilient as the bumper of your car.
-The bait’s two chambers are fused together using a sonic welding technology. This technology melts the two sides together using hypersonic vibrations, creating a finished product that is super strong and extremely watertight.
- The through wire system is thoughtfully contained in a closed channel running down the belly of the bait, reducing the chance of sea water getting inside the bait.
- The still posture of this bait in the water is close to horizontal, eager to take its first steps.
- We incorporated a low-tone rattle that drives fish out of their minds with anger and calls them from great distances.
- Internal X ribs give the external appearance of scales, while also serving to hide the cross braces that prevent the bait from crushing under extreme pressures.
- The under-nose line tie aids to quickly position the bait on the surface, so it glides with the smallest motion of the rod tip.
|6.56" / 1.70oz
|SIZE 2/0 TREBLES
|8.07" / 3.00oz
|SIZE 4/0 TREBLES
*Rigged with 6x VMC Fishfighter Trebles & flat side rings.